Saturday 23 May 2009

The Accident

Life is such a fragile state

Leaving things until it’s too late

You may wonder why so glum

Why did this sad thought come

I was travelling to my work

All traffic came to a sudden jerk

A lane had been closed down

A bike lying on the ground

Half the pieces of it missing

Engine parts hot and hissing

That poor biker caught unawares

Hope they have someone that cares

They have been rushed to A&E

It doesn’t look very good to me

So when you are driving in your car

Make sure you look near and far

The bikers seem to come from nowhere

I’m sure an extra second you can spare

Let them pass all safe and sound

Or on the ground they will be found

To see a shocking things like this

Makes me realise my life is bliss

Living with a stress free nature

Don’t Worry Be happy is my feature


Created 23/3/09

1 comment:

  1. Hi Suzie,

    I've been travelling around Spain and other countries since June 3rd but have kept in touch with the FZ and your blog site. I've now read every poem and enjoyed them all. I gather that you enjoy writing poems in a context of how you see or interpret things at the time they occur. I find your poems very thoughtful indeed. However, I don't like to put labels on people...many say that I'm like Blake, sometimes Kant and numerous other men or women of poetry or philosophy,lol. But honestly I love all writings no matter what is said. I do try to make a distinction between poetry and rhyme and always spend hours wondering why any given sequence of words were chosen in preference to alternatives. This helps keep my mind active...I hope.

    I hope to see you back on the FZ soon

    Lots of best wishes,

    Marty aka speedy8

    ReplyDelete